Winter Weather Closures: UPDATED regularly
Below is a list of closures that have been reported. This list is updated regularly as information becomes available. If you have a closure you would like added to the list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I-20 eastbound remains CLOSED from Industrial Drive in Bossier City to Goodwill Road in Webster Parish due to roadway conditions.
US 80 eastbound in Haughton, from Stockwell to Bellvue Road (Hill at Hillcrest impassable)
WK Fitness & Wellness Centers will be closed until Monday, Feb. 22.
WK Work Kare and WK Quick Care locations will remain closed Thursday, Feb. 18.
Due to the weather and water conditions, Willis-Knighton Health System has cancelled all non-emergency procedures, imaging services and surgeries at its hospitals and clinics. Please refrain from visiting the hospital emergency department unless you have an immediate life-threatening condition. We ask patients to refrain from using the hospitals for minor conditions to free our very limited staff to handle patients with very serious conditions. Although local pharmacies are closed, the hospital pharmacies cannot fill prescriptions for walk-in patients.
Announcements from the City of Shreveport:
- All City of Shreveport offices will remain closed until further notice.
- All essential workers will report to work or prepare to work remotely as determined by their immediate supervisor. Citizens will still be able to make payments by mail or online.
- Garbage collection is suspended until further notice. Public Works will re-evaluate road conditions to determine when services will resume.
- SporTran operations will also remain suspended.
Shreveport City Court, Shreveport City Clerk of Court, and the Shreveport City Marshal's Office will be closed Thursday, February 18 through Friday, February 19, 2021 due to inclement weather. Shreveport City Court and the other offices within the courthouse will resume normal operations at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 22, 2021.
SHREVE MEMORIAL LIBRARY TO REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22
Announcements from the Parish of Caddo:
- The Parish’s departments and administrative offices will be closed Thursday, February 18, due to continued inclement weather.
- All Parish Government Plaza offices will be closed.
- Caddo Parish Courthouse parish offices will be closed.
- All Parish trash compactor sites will be closed.
- All Parish parks and nature sites will be closed.
- Caddo Parish Animal Services will be closed; animal control officers will be on call to respond to emergencies. Citizens may report emergencies such as animals bites and injured animals by calling (318)-226-6624.
- In addition, the Caddo Parish Commission work session and regular session (originally scheduled for Thursday) have been rescheduled to Monday, February 22, for the work session, and Wednesday, February 24, for the regular session. Both will take place at 3:30 p.m.
- The Parish’s emergency personnel are continuing to monitor weather situations to ensure safety on parish roadways. Crews have been mobilized to apply sand to any affected bridges, remove fallen trees from the roadways and close Parish roads as needed.
Announcements from the City of Bossier City:
All City of Bossier City administrative offices, including those for City Council and City Court, will be Closed, Thursday and Friday, February 18 and 19,2021 due to the forecasted wintry weather.
The Bossier City Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16th, has been rescheduled to Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. due to weather.
There will be no city trash pick- up service on for Thursday, February 18, 2021 and all trash service will resume on Friday, February 19th for the area that is normally scheduled for Friday service. All other areas will resume regular service pickups on Monday, February 22nd.
The entire Bossier City water system as of 5:00 a.m February 17th is under a Boil Advisory. This advisory includes all of the City of Bossier water service areas and all systems such as: the Cypress Black Bayou Water System, the Town of Benton Water System, and the Country Place Water System. The City of Bossier City will provide additional information as it becomes available. Your continued patience as we work to resolve this is greatly appreciated.
All Bossier schools and centers will remain closed for the rest of the week due to the extreme winter weather conditions. This includes the virtual program. The Bossier Parish School Board meeting previously scheduled for tomorrow, February 18, will be rescheduled for February 25.