Willis-Knighton Further Restricts Visitors as COVID-19 Cases Increase in Community
With an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in our community, Willis-Knighton is following guidelines to further restrict visitation at hospitals. Beginning on Friday, March 20, at 5 a.m. everyone entering the hospital will be screened. This action is being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to patients and staff.
- General Adult Hospital Visitors: No visitors are permitted at this time.
- Labor & Delivery Patients: One visitor is permitted.
- NICUPICU-Pediatrics: Two visitors may be authorized to visit during the hospital stay, but only one visitor may visit each day, with swap-out of the two visitors permitted once during the day.
- End of Life Care: Exceptions may be made per administrative staff for clergy and family.
- Patients Undergoing Medically Necessary Outpatient Procedures or Testing: One visitor may accompany a patient who is undergoing sedation. The visitor will wait in a waiting area until the patient is recovered and can be driven home. Visitors must meet undergo screening.
- Entrances: Emergency entrances continue to be open 24/7 to patients and those authorized to enter. Other entrances at each facility are open to employees and physicians, and screening is required for all who enter.
Willis-Knighton apologizes for the inconvenience to our patients and their family and friends.